GLP-1’s are HERE and have been part of our regimen for last TEN YEARS! and THEY WORK
SEMAGLUTIDE aka Wegovy, Ozempic and Rybelsus
TIRZEPATIDE aka Mounjaro
If you are a candidate, we will get you one of these GLP/GIPs either through Insurance or one of our No Insurance Cash Pay affordable programs
Once weekly Sub-q Injectables that are currently THE most effective weight reduction regimen on the market.
Wegovy, Ozempic and Mounjaro
● How do these medications work?
1. Decrease appetite
2. Increase Fullness
3. Decrease cravings
4. Alters Metabolism
● What are common side Effects?
#1 S.E. is Nausea (which usually dissipates)
#2 Constipation (10-15% ppl get this, which can be managed w/ OTC remedies)
#3 Abdominal discomfort (3-5% of ppl)
#4 Bowel Hypermotility (3% ppl)
#5 Pancreatitis (can happen but is rare, 1% or<)
● When will I notice it working, what is the criteria for Dose increments?
– Some people get an effect after the 1st starting dose (24hrs after Inject)
– If you are not hungry it is working, Be mindful if you get hungry anytime during week.
– 1st dose is to become acquainted with the effects and if any, side effects
– Dose is adjusted up based on degree of appetite suppression
– If a dose is keeping appetite suppressed then you maintain that dose.
● Will I gain the weight back when I stop taking this medication?
– Metabolism does change over time (6-12mo) w/ lifestyle changes
– People with lifestyle intervention plan for dietary intake do better.
– Those that have laxed lifestyle habits tend to gain weight back more easily.
● What kind of dietary lifestyle habits have we seen produce the best results?
– Keto or 80-90% Keto intake works well for most people
– Atkins, high protein w/ minimal to No Carbs is very effective
– Intermittent Fasting, as in 12 or more hours in a 24hr period of not eating
– Low Glycemic / High Fiber, minimal carb intake
Semaglutide / Tirzepatide
● What are some common pitfalls that hinder Weight Loss progress?
– Consuming sugar (if you are consuming sugar, you are not ready for this)
– Eating more than 3x per day and eating past 7pm @ night
– Having a lifestyle holiday (a day of the week that you relax your eating restrictions
– Eating fruit b/c its “good for you” (eat low glycemic fruit)
– Skipping or delaying injection day dose
– Not advancing Semaglutide or Tirzepatide dose when hunger breaks thru
●What does Wegovy /Ozempic and Mounjaro Cost? Will my Insurance cover it?
– Cash price for any of these is Brand Name meds is >$1000 +/ month
– Insurance may pay for Ozempic or Mounjaro if you have Diabetes
– Some insurances cover Wegovy if your BMI > 30
– If you are aware that you fit criteria for insurance coverage we will write the Rx 4u
–If you don’t fit any of the criteria or insurance does not cover Wegovy, Mounjaro Rx we will offer you more cost effective alternative solutions for ppl w/o insurance or whom it’s not covered
● What will work better for me, Ozempic / Wegovy or Mounjaro?
-we start out with Ozempic (Semaglutide) b/c this tends to be more cost effective
-Mounjaro (Tirzepatide) tends to work past where semaglutide may fall short
-over time with either of these injectables, a tolerance may develop
●What is the black box warning on Tirzepatide, Wegovy and Ozempic?
All of these class of medications (GLP-1) since their inception with Byetta in 2006
Come with the warning “may cause thyroid C-cell tumors in Rodents”
● Has anyone gotten thyroid cancer from Semaglutide or TIrzepatide?
– Company statement as of June 2023, “Data collected from large clinical trials and post
marketing surveillance have not demonstrated a causal association between
Semaglutide or Liraglutide and thyroid cancer for people”.
● Who should NOT take Semaglutide or Tirzepatide? anyone with:
-a personal or family history of medullary thyroid carcinoma
-multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 (tumors in your glands)
– history of pancreatitis or pancreas problems
– stomach problem such as problems with digesting food or slowed emptying of your stomach
– If you are pregnant or breast feeding
txt our office
for appt to be seen
for Wt loss: 702-530-7048
... schedule is not packed wall to wall, this doc enjoys what he does.- not rushed, well thought out approach and plan.
... whether close or far, this is Worth the Drive.- worth the drive to Summerlin